Monday 12 May 2014

Nails: Dior 'Bouquet'

Hi Everyone! ♥
I had never been to into Dior previously, I didn't look into their collections or anything like that until one day a few months ago I saw the images for their Spring collection. Now, if you've been reading my blog for a while you know I have a bit huge thing for all things nails, so naturally my eye was drawn to them first. I loved all the colours knew I had to get one as experience has taught me to never leave something you love if it's limited edition! Despite this, I didn't buy any straight away as obviously they are expensive so I wanted to make sure I got the right colour. Fast forward a month or two (yes, very indecisive!) I decided to purchase the shade 'Bouquet' one I fell in love with instantly and settled on because I have nothing like it. Rambling into aside, here's the low down on this gorgeous shade...
Sorry for my ravaged cuticles - they are in dire need of some TLC!
The bottle has a silver mirrored, removable cap with 'CD' embossed on the top. Underneath, it reveals a much smaller black lid which you actually use to paint your nails with - the silver lid makes a satisfying 'click' upon closing which, I suppose I'm strange, I really like haha. The brush is quite short wide with a  rounded tip, this makes it really easy to paint your nails. As the brush is quite dense, it picks up quite a lot of polish which is good if you have long nails, but I prefer to wipe the majority off so it isn't as messy for me! The above picture is with two coats I believe (was a few weeks ago) but I wore it the other day and I did put two coats on.
The only disappointment was it wasn't as long lasting as other Dior polish reviews claimed, however that's not to say it chips quickly, this worked out pretty average for me, 4-ish days chip free. Then again, maybe it's just my nails as everyone claims Chanel chips horrendously, but it lasts amazingly on me! The colour is such a gorgeous peachy orange which leans very slightly pink, the picture really doesn't capture the colour perfectly unfortunately. I seem to be loving peach/coral/orange nails at the moment!
I'm kind of tempted to pick up another shade, but one looks to be quite dupable and the other is baby blue which is gorgeous but I'm not sure how much I would wear it. I love the matte frost effect top coat too, but again I'm not sure how much I'd wear it but we'll see!
What do you think of this colour? It just screams Spring to me!
Jessica
xox

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful coral shade with just the right intensity :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous shade! the bottle is so pretty too x

    herheartisinparis.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one dior polish int he shade Riviera which I love - I definitely need more Dior polishes! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete