Monday 30 December 2013

2013 Favourites ♥

Hi everyone!
This evening I'm bringing you my 2013 favourites! I've only done a couple of monthly favourites this year because I usually forget to do them or I just don't have 'favourites' of a month. My aim for next year is to have a favourites post every month as I want to start using lots more things and discovering new and old products which I enjoy using. I will be talking you through products I have loved in 2013 and have used lots and lots and will hopefully continue to love just as much during the new year!

Lush Buche De Noel & Angels on Bare Skin Cleansers - I thought I'd try Angels on Bare Skin cleanser again back in early Summer and I loved it! It's full of natural ingredients great for your skin and it doesn't leave my face feeling tight or dry, it just cleans it really well. In October I picked up the limited edition Buche De Noel which is basically the same but more conditioning/hydrating for the skin, when my pot is out I will be buying AOBS again though. Definitely one of my best skincare finds of the year.

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser - After not giving it much thought when the initial hype went round when this moisturiser from Origins was released, I ended up trying a sample sachet as I was trying all different moisturisers out at the time. When I finished my sample I knew I had to get this so I did! This has become my holy grail moisturiser as not only is the scent so tantalising and awakening in the morning it's gel bases which my skin needs, it sinks in really quickly and leaves my skin so soft. It also lasts for ages, I've used it every single day and I've still got just under half the tub left! I'm so happy I found this moisturiser!

EOS Lip Balm 'Strawberry Sorbet' - I finally tried an EOS lip balm in March! I got this from Harvey Nichols when I was shopping one day and well, I really like it! I'm not going to say it's an outstanding lip balm you must try but I find it gives just the right amount of moisture and it doesn't feel greasy. I think many people are disappointed in the UK when they finally try one as they're so talked about but I think one of the main reasons they are so talked about in America is purely because they're cheap and really easy to find! I recently picked up another flavour to try too so that proves how much I like it!

Bath and Body Works 'Be Enchanted' Triple Moisture Body Cream - I can't remember if I bought this this year or at the end of last year but either way when Autumn arrived this year I began applying this nearly everyday! This is very moisturising but the thing I love most is the scent and I really want to try some more products in 'Be Enchanted'! I buy my bath and body works products from *here*

Umberto Giannini Pure Beauty Shampoo (not pictured) - I've been using this shampoo for at least half of this year and it's definitely my favourite. It doesn't do anything particular special but it leave my hair so soft, smooth and controllable and it just feels so so clean!

MAC Lustre Lipsticks (not pictured) - OK so technically not one product but back in April I bought my first lustre finish lipstick from Mac, you can find the review *here* and ever since then it has fast become my favourite formula. I've gone on to buy another and I also got one for Christmas so yes, you could say I like them a lot! They're quite sheer but buildable and are really glossy and lightweight and the three shades I have are gorgeous.


Seche Vite Topcoat - I've been using this much raved about topcoat since around February and I'm sure it made it in to one of my few monthly favourites! Some love it and some hate it but I really enjoyed using it until my bottle became gloopy. It does exactly what it's supposed to do - dries insanely hard (and rock hard at that!) and left my nails super glossy and chip free. I got a new OPI topcoat for Christmas instead of Seche Vite as the downside is it contains one of the bad chemicals (forgot the name, beginning with T?) so thought I'd try another but yes, I really really did like how this worked.

Models Own Pastels - (Ignore the neon pink - I liked it to but I didn't mean to include a picture of it OOPS) I loved the Spring Fruit Pastels collection Models Own released, in fact they were my very first blog post which you can view *here* they are such pretty milky pastels which I can't wait to wear again come Spring.

Barry M Gelly Paints - Another Spring/Summer love were the Barry M Gelly paints! I did a post *here* on them. I have two lovely colours and they had a nice formula and dried oh so shiny!

Essie and OPI (not pictured) - Some more expensive polish loves since the start of Autumn were Essie and OPI! I love the formula's of both brands and Essie in particular their wide brush. I can't wait to add more in the new year.

Nicole by OPI 'Tip of the iceberg' - This was my only topcoat glitter until November and this was usually on top of a cream finish polish throughout most of the year! Just a simple silver glitter which I found myself wearing a lot.

So there we have what I've loved this year! I'm hoping, as I said at the start of the post, to be using more things all the time so I can do monthly favourites because I really enjoy reading them on blogs. 

Let me know what you have loved this year!

Jessica
xox

2 comments:

  1. Angels on bare skin is my new fave! I love that stuff and I also featured it in my 2013 faves <3

    lovely roundup of products :)

    zara xx

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing products!
    I always struggle with finding some month favourites,but my goal is the same as yours!

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete