Saturday 13 July 2013

Review: The Body Shop Born Lippy Stick Balms

Hey Everyone ♥
When these first launched in early 2012 (I think) I immediately picked one up being a lip balm fanatic but wasn't overly wowed by it however last month The Body Shop had a promotion when on presenting the voucher you could get a free born lippy stick balm and despite my previous thoughts on them, who can resist a free lip balm (or two)?



There are six shades available of which I have Pomegranate, Pink Berry and Strawberry. They come presented in a colour coordinated to their shade twist up pop art inspired tube (wow quite a mouthful there) The first one I got was Pink Berry, it's okay but let's just say I will always use another lip balm instead of this one, it was really thick and waxy and the smell is really strong and after a short time sickly. However Pomegranate and Strawberry I do really like! They are both much lighter and smell so fruity, perfect for Summer! They give your lips a glossy shine and a slight hint of colour. The only gripe I have with these is that the tube is slightly flimsy so when you have twisted the balm up you have to hold the tube at the top as it will slide down again so basically, it's not supported to be twisted up and left while you apply it!

Overall, these aren't going to heal your lips but they provide moderate hydration and if you are after more of a novelty/fun lip balm which still provides some care for your lips these are definitely the way to go.

RRP: £3.00/5g

Have you tried these? What do you think?

Jessica
xox

23 comments:

  1. I love the packaging of these, very cute! It's a shame they're not better quality really. Your 'ugly nail fail' is hilarious too!

    I have a nail polish giveaway on my blog right now if you fancy checking it out. :)
    Ra ♥

    rarareid.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed! Agreed but I think the price is fair for the quality of it so not complaining there :D x

      Delete
  2. They look nice, but my lips are soo stubborn! They never moisturize with any lipbalm and spf sometimes makes my lips peel. Do they have spf? Very good reviewxx

    Laila | Townhouse Palette

    I just want to invite you to the Beauty and Fashion Bloggers' Bloghop on my blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I don't get dry lips too often so I can get away with buying lipbalms that look pretty but aren't neccasarily heavy city! I don't think they do and thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. I have two of these, the pomegranate and the red berry, got both using a voucher of some sort and I would definitely be willing to pay for them. They give the lips moisture as well as a slight hint of colour which is lovely :)

    Carro @ carroblogshere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd buy these just because of how cute they are! They looks so pretty and according to your trusty opinion sound amazing too, I think that's all the justification needed to but one, right?

    I'd love more posts like these!xx

    http://www.thatszoeblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely, I'm glad you trust my opinion! They are very cute indeed, not my usual style but I still really like them x

      Delete
  5. those look really good, I'm curious to try them out! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too, they have a sale on currently so may have to check that out! :)

      Delete
  7. nice lipsticks http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to try these, packaging is awesome :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The packaging of those lip balms look so fun! And you have such a pretty blog too! Very nice. :)

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look really cute and sound nice for a quick fix! :)

    Hayley
    Sparkles & Stretchmarks
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugly nail fail, ahaha made me laugh so much!

    tashfacee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award please check out my blog for details

    http://crafts-crazy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these little balms I have the purple shade x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Clutch Giveaway

    ReplyDelete